What to do after hair transplantation
We have talked in previous articles about hair transplantation, its techniques and its effectiveness in the treatment of baldness and included some tips and guidelines to help the patient get a successful hair transplant. Now it is the time to explain more broadly what precautions and measures should be taken after hair transplantation.
In fact, getting a successful hair transplant and a satisfactory outcome depends not only on the doctor’s skill and the modernity of the techniques he uses, but that the patient’s attention and follow-up to himself after the operation is one of the most important success factors. And because hair transplantation is an accurate process that cannot be neglected and ignored, we have given you some guidelines that help the patient to get a good result:
Immediately after the operation:
- The doctor will give you a prescription for some medications that you should take according to your doctor’s instructions (including anti-swelling drugs and painkillers).
- You should rest at home until the next morning with away from any activity that requires muscle strain.
- You can place a piece of ice on your head to avoid swelling.
- Stay away from smoking and alcohol for at least 3 days.
- Do not touch the implanted area for two days and be very careful from exposure to any bruises as this will cause damage to implanted follicles.
- Never expose the implanted area to water for the first two days after hair transplantation.
- Caution should be taken from weather conditions such as sun, rain and dust in the first days after the operation and prefer not to expose the scalp to severe weather conditions until one month on the process.
- After three days of operation, the hair can be washed gently without being exposed to strong water, taking into consideration that the implanted areas are not rubbed.
- Hair dryers (especially hot-air) should not be used until two weeks after the process is over.
Infection after hair transplantation:
Infection is rare, just do not expose the implanted area to dirt or dust and avoid touching or rubbing the area as much as possible. However, if anything abnormal happens, you should tell your doctor.
Swelling after hair transplantation:
There may be some swelling in the area of the forehead and often happens after the first four days after the operation, this is normal will not cause any permanent problems and does not have future effects so do not worry enough to comply with the doctor’s instructions and prescribed drugs.
Pain after hair transplantation:
There can be some pain in the first two days after the operation, but it does not require concern as the painkillers prescribed by the doctor are sufficient and will not cause you to suffer.
Back to work after hair transplantation:
In general, it is preferable to stay away from hard work for a week, some people have enough of three days to return to normal life and some prefer to take a week to give himself the opportunity to rest.
In general, hair transplant by using extraction technique is characterized by the fact that it does not take long to recover and can return to normal life during a short period transplantation.
Hair transplantation is delicate and sensitive but it is not complicated. All you have to do is follow the doctor’s instructions and keep the implanted area away from the harmful factors until the hair grows and regains its strength. After a not ling time from the expiration of the operation you will be able to enjoy your new hair and deal with it like natural hair without any difference.